So many people say to me, Topshop? Isn’t that for teenagers? Everytime I disagree, there is something in there for everyone! If you looking at the way that Topshop are styling their garments then dont! It can be quite overwhelming and if you don’t know what you are looking for before you enter the store then be prepared to get completely confused and either walk out with all the wrong purchases or perhaps nothing at all. I find that they definitely do style the clothes in a slightly more alternative manner which probably does appeal to the younger generation, but if you look past that and scan the three story flagship store, there is so much in there and absolutely something for everyone! No matter what your age.
1) Have an idea of what you need for when finalising your purchases
2) Walk around with a basket and just grab everything that you like (you can go through it again later and ditch whatever you change your mind about
3) When trying on, decide firstly if the garment fits well and suits you
4) What will you wear it with, you should be able to think of 3 ways to wear it
4) Don’t worry if it’s a trend piece, Topshop is generally good value for money so if the item is out of date next year then you haven’t lost all your savings.
5) If you think it’s too bold or too trendy (but you love it) then think of how you can dress it down. A very sparkly skirt with a tee. A floaty skirt with some plimsolls… etc
Need more convincing? Read this article on Wardrobe Icons about super cool, sickly stylish, 51 year old Kate Phelan who was Fashion Director at British Vogue, was lured by Topshop to become their Creative Director, only to be asked by Vogue again to continue on working for them “part time” as Contributing Editor, holding these two positions, she must know a thing or two about style and fashion, no!
The store makes me so excited and I am converting clients all the time, young and old(er). I have been so surprised at how many girls have said to me they never shop there because they never know what to buy or they felt that it was too trendy! Here are some of my favourite picks from the store right now. In fact there is so much that I love, that picking a few pieces was actually a ridiculous task for me but as I scanned the website these are the few that I know I do adore, having just seen them in the flesh on Saturday (plus so much more)….
If you were always sold, great. If not this should surely get you visiting soon?
Happy Shopping 😉
PS remember you can shop directly from this site by clicking on the pics!